Thursday, October 11, 2012

Island Time-Canada Style

North Rustico Lighthouse  20" x 16" Acrylic



"Spire"  36" x 24" acrylic
"Off Broadway" 24" x 20" acrylic


"Last Nice Day of Summer" 8" x 8" acrylic


"Power Pull"  20" x 24" acrylic
 
Tomorrow I head back to Prince Edward Island...a place I have loved for over a dozen years. This time it will be seriously fall.  It's hard to believe I've never been there in the fall.  I've visited in Spring when the wildflowers are rolling up every hill, and in Summer when the beaches and sidewalks and open air restaurants are lively with people enjoying the sun.

 I'll be teaching a short workshop as well, so my week there will seem very short.  Prince Edward Island almost demands that you spend time, park the car, explore on foot, window shop, laugh and linger with friends, ramble along the beaches...get sand in your shoes. I'm eager to dive into Autumn.

After my week in Charlottetwon, I'm off the the Toronto area to teach two five day workshops.  This is such a lovely opportunity to experience another town and more wonderful Canadian aritsts. I'll report back....

Click for more paintings of Prince Edward Island

No comments:

Post a Comment